* * * * * * (the higher the number, the slower the text will scroll) * * * * *

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Jhatphat Kesar Malai Kulfi



Ingredients
1 tin condensed milk
2 tins of nestle cream
1 cup of cold milk (measure it in the condensed milk container)
A pinch of saffron (kesar)
Few raisins, cashew nuts, almonds (nuts finely chopped)

Method
In a bowl mix condensed milk, cream and milk. Whisk it nicely into smooth mixture.
Add the saffron and chopped nuts. Garnish it with powdered almonds or pistachio.
Freeze it in a plastic container or if you can find the earthen pots (matka) pour the mixture and freeze it for creamy delicious instant Kulfi.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i Sari
your matka looks gorgeous and I like the recipe too so easy to prepare.
I got two matkas with me which I brought from India, my brother throwed a party in a
hotel for her daughter birthday and I had this matka kulfi but couln't resist to leave the matka, so asked the waiter whether it's ok to take the matka home with me.
ya I know it's cheap but who cares as long as I have them. they are so cute. Like your blog.
cheers
rajani

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry me again I meant Hi

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rajani,
Thanks for your comments. Me too got these matkas from India. You are right who cares as long as we have it. Did you try making the kulfi. Let me know your feedback.
Sari

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sari

I have tried your Kulfi and it tastes really good. I didn't have any saffron but added cardamom powder to it. Thank you for the recipe and I will try again.

cheers
Rajani rayudu

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home